Thursday 25 March 2010

optimism

Last week I attended Optimism, one of the Wellcome Collection's Packed Lunch events. Tali Sharot, a neuroscientist, spoke to us about 'maintaining optimism in the face of reality'. Tali is looking into the mechanism of optimism, and said that, on average, most people have a mild optimism bias. We even got a free apple. You don't have to be in London to attend, you can listen to it online for free. You can also subscribe to the iTunes feed. I also visited Identity while I was there - highly recommended. May I also say that the Wellcome Collection's cafe run by Peyton and Byrne is stellar!
Photo: Heidi Adnum

2 comments:

MRP said...

Maybe I need to listen to this podcast to partake in the 4am project...

Mandy said...

I went to this too. INteresting. Loved the apple :o)