Friday 11 June 2010

dswt at green days

Londoners can call in to Acton Green Common this weekend to visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust stall at Green Days Fete and Craft Fair. It's a great opportunity to learn more about the DSWT's work, buy things that are normally only available in their Nairobi gift shop, or even to sponsor an elephant! Find more information on the Fair here
This is a photograph of Kamboyo, an orphaned baby elephant that Will and I met in Nairobi in 2007. You can read Kamboyo's rescue story here. I make a donation to the DSWT for every sale of my Kenya for Charity prints, which helps to fund more vital conservation work and elephant rescue missions. 

5 comments:

Silver Strands said...

Heidi I just LOVE people like you ... you are out and about doing good. period.
oxoxox
Denalee

viviane said...

Hello! I saw your blog on Etsy, it's awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sweetie you are so great!!! He is so cute and I adore what you do...For the last 5 years I sponsor g. bears in out local bear farm...It feels great to help:)
Kisses darling and have a wonderful Thursday

hip hip gin gin said...

Oh for heaven's sake how cute is that little guy!!! Love.

Emma said...

I love this photo!