Wednesday 16 June 2010

the gallery: motherhood

The pictures that I cherish of my mother with me and my siblings are tucked away in storage in Australia but one of things I love about my job is seeing some of the joys that mothers experience almost every day. As a result, I have so many more favourite pictures of motherhood, and this is one. These two gorgeous girls are my client Stephanie and her daughter Allegra. This photo was taken at our recent shoot together and shortly after, when I read that Tara's topic for this week was motherhood, I thought that it would be a lovely one to share. Stephanie and Allegra were playing peek-a-boo and Allegra decided that the game would be more fun if her Mummy moved her hands for her - how sweet! What are your favourite pictures of motherhood?
Photobox has sponsored this week's Gallery, and, while I don't expect to win any of the nice prizes, for the record I'll pass on any prize on to Stephanie and her husband.
Photo: Heidi Adnum

15 comments:

Trish said...

Don't they look alike! Lovely long eyelashes too. Such joy in that photo x

Kath@Parklover said...

Lovely, I bet she was very happy with this photo!

elena nuez said...

i love all your photos!!!
Thanks for showing them!!

KristiMcMurry said...

That's adorable!

I really admire mothers...I know it must be a tough job. My final project this last semester was about relationships and I took this picture of my friend with her youngest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristimcmurry/4691924482/in/set-72157624129914561/

They have the cutest little family :) and Tabitha and Penelope have the most incredible bond. I just love them.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I love them!

Heidi Adnum said...

Thank you :)
Thanks for the link, Kristi! Sounds like a great project.

Anonymous said...

Peekaboo is just the best game and beautifully captured in that photo. Lovely!

@jencull (jen) said...

Great photo, the essence of peekaboo AND motherhood :D

Nova said...

What a stunning photo.

Diana Mieczan said...

My heart is melting....Ahhh you are amazing...This is such a stunning photo...I adore thier connection and that is such a great look into their little world:)
Kisses sweetie and enjoy your evening:)

Kerry said...

They look like they are having so much fun in this photo, bless them x

sister3 said...

As usual, your picture is fabulous !
and the colours !!!
You are a fantastic artist !

Emma said...

This is really great. Peek a boo is the best!

Mirka said...

I love the picture, you both look stunning ;)

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Lovely photo x x

Vicky said...

Beautiful photo filled with so much joy!