Tuesday 12 October 2010

julieanne kost

US-based photographer Julieanne Kost's Guest Blog for Scott Kelby a couple of weeks ago is one of my favourite posts so far. Julieanne says she's always been afraid to fly and one of her coping strategies has been to take photographs of the view from her window seat. This led to some fabulous images and her book 'Window Seat: The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking':
She also mentions another project or, rather, a game where she took photographs from a moving vehicle without looking through the viewfinder. I love the results:
Photos: Julieanne Kost

4 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I love those projects...Especially the second one:) Thanks,sweetie
I am off to check out more of those amazing images
How is your week os far?

k said...

Oh wow, I'm in love with these. have you heard of that technique where you throw your camera in the air as the shutter is going off? It's supposed to make for some cool pictures =) I haven't had the guts to throw my D90 yet - haha - but perhaps I'll try it with the little cam =)

Heidi Adnum said...

Krystal, no I haven't - eek! Let me know how it goes?

KristiMcMurry said...

Interesting work! I love the airplane shots. I always do that when I fly, just to pass the time.