Saturday 22 October 2011

home for the weekend

Will and I have come home to my parents' farm for the weekend. There's now only weeks to go until we get married, so we're getting some wedding-y things done and will enjoy a little birthday BBQ for me. The last month or so has been a very busy time. When I come home I like to wander around the flower garden (mum's domain) and the vegetable garden (dad's domain). In spring I'm always amazed at the new growth and beautiful colours and scents. It's such a relaxing peaceful thing to do. I haven't posted many photos lately and I want to share lots today. These were taken at around 8am this morning.
These are baby lemons:
Inside the greenhouse that is lined with potato sacks:
Will picked the first sprout of broccoli: 
For our wedding favours we've been making jam, pickles and chutney. Dad has also been growing plants for our guests to take home. In this little tray he has basil and tomato: 
More basil:
And one more for fun of the clothesline!
Photos: Heidi Adnum

2 comments:

Gay McDonell said...

Lovely photos! Hope all goes well for the big day!

Heidi Adnum said...

Thanks, Gay!