Wednesday 5 May 2010

the gallery: the world we live in

One of the things I love about this country is that you're never far away from an amazing piece of history. Say you've been away for work and you're heading back to London along the motorway. You're zooming along and, hang on, what's that out the window? Oh, just Stonehenge. Nothing much... I hope I haven't broken too many rules in this week's Sticky Fingers gallery task by posting videos but I thought these were just perfect. Will took them on his phone and sent both to me last week knowing that I'd love a glimpse of  a) stonehenge and countryside on a bright and sunny day, and b) nothing historical, just the sight and sound of horses (especially in the city when you're not expecting them). I'm sure they will be very familiar to most of you, dear readers, but I hope you enjoy them, nonetheless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah - London police horses. I always want to ask whether I can have a quick ride....

Heidi Adnum said...

I'm glad it's not just me :D

Steph said...

Wow, I had no idea Stone Henge was so close to the road. Also, really nice contrasting vids :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh so beautiful! Great videos!
Have a wonderful day!
Kisses:)

Anonymous said...

Police horses are very impressive aren't they, they send a shiver down my spine when I see them.

CJ xx

Heidi Adnum said...

Steph - I know! Isn't it amazing.
Diana - glad you liked it, thank you :)
Crystal - as before, I'm so glad it's not just me!
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Barbara said...

What a very cool idea!

I like both vids. We often take the A303 down to the west country and pass Stonehenge. I've tried explaining it to the kids but they just don't get it!

Emma said...

Funny videos!