Tuesday 22 November 2011

our wedding: getting ready

I'm so happy to share some more of Tim's beautiful photographs of Will's and my wedding, if you'd like to see. Mum, dad and I got ready at a local hotel. I did my mum's makeup and my own.
The weather was perfect.
Without planning it, Mum and I wore the same colour and pattern combination, just in reverse.
Dad was our fabulous assistant for the day, picking up the odd forgotten thing from the shops, feeding us muffins and cups of tea.
Will got ready a few blocks away, at his family home.
We've been feeding a small family of kookaburras and one of them came to visit.
For Will and the two dads, I made boutonnières out of soft-pink roses and gum leaves.
Will's mum helping him with the final touches.
My handsome husband-to-be, dressed and ready to go.
Back at the hotel, we had a few surprise visits from family and friends who were checking in for their stay. We had booked a coach to take guests from Newcastle to the Hunter Valley venue. I think my nephews were pretty excited about it all.
Dad, mum and I left the hotel for the hour-long journey out to the vineyards. We were getting dressed out at the venue, so we could relax in the taxi. I even slept most of the way!
To be continued...  Photos: Tim Coulson

6 comments:

Felicity said...

What a fabulous 'behind the scenes' glimpse into your special day.

The photo of Will's Mum putting on his buttoniere is precious - as is the synchronicity of you & your Mum dressing in pink & stripes.

Happy day!

Sophie Parker said...

Congrats Heidi!

& what beautiful, intimate photos. I love you and your mums matching outfits, what a coincidence!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love these photos, Heidi--especially that one of you doing your mum's makeup! What a gorgeous setting.

Heidi Adnum said...

Thank you for saying such sweet things!

bron @ baby space said...

How cute is it that you and your ma turned up all matching?! Great BTS pics Tim!

Gay McDonell said...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos - yes - he is HANDSOME!!!! Lovely!